#SIALRISINGSTARTUPS… A space that offers the opportunity to some 50 budding European businesses to participate in SIAL Paris 2018. #SIALRISINGSTARTUPS throws the spotlight on young creators, on the cusp of making a success of their adventure: finding solutions for the food of the future, in terms of new products, services, packaging, and so on.
Conceived in partnership with the IDEFI-ECOTROPHELIA network and Agroparistech, #SIALRISINGSTARTUP is Europe's first forecasting space dedicated to rising start-ups in the food industry sector. Selected for their boldness and inventiveness, in a partnership with the European university network, these young start-ups have maximum visibility at a crucial stage of their existence: their launch.
#SIALRISINGSTARTUP in particular provides them with the opportunity to share their experiences with a panel of entrepreneurs, investors, potential clients and the media, with a view to conquering, one day - who knows! - Planet Food!
Before June 16th, the rising companies who would like to apply can do it on this platform:
The jury will take place on June 29th at the Palais des Papes in Avignon to choose the most innovative companies to participate to Future Lab.
Jury members are:
- Président du jury - Philippe Mauguin (President of INRA)
- Xavier Boidevezi, (VP Digital Factory SEB Group, national secretary of French FoodTech)
- Philippe Goetzmann (Corporate relations director - Auchan)
- Laurent Cousin (R&D director - Sodexo)
- Christian Polge (President of Aurora Invest)
- Anne-Claire Paré (Managing director - Bento)
- Xavier Terlet (Managing Director - XTC)
- Véronique Sestrières (Show director – All4Pack)
- Vasso Papadimitritou (Managing director of Federation of Hellenic Food Industries - Greece)
- Concha Avila (Research and innovation director of FIAB - Spain)
- Thomas van den Boezem (StartLife – Netherlands)
ECOTROPHELIA aims at promoting entrepreneurship and competitiveness in the European food sector through deploying a network of food excellence and innovation training and organising the national and European food innovation contest: "Les Trophées Étudiants de l’Innovation Alimentaire" ("Student Trophies for Food Innovation"), an ideas incubator for the food industry. ECOTROPHELIA develops a true culture of food innovation in the French and European university and higher education establishment.
AgroParisTech is the Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences, operating under the auspices of the French Ministries for Agriculture and for Higher Education. A stakeholder in higher education and research, this major benchmark establishment of international standing addresses the key issues of the 21st century: feeding people while sustainably managing land; preserving resources; encouraging innovation; and integrating the bioeconomy.